Monday, February 7, 2011

D.P.I. USA?

"I had gotten to Lower Egypt,and was heading south,in my usual traveling mood:hoping for the picturesque,expecting misery,braced for the appalling.."  Paul Theroux

aloha 2u
excerpt from DISCONNECTING DISSENT
by Evgeny Mrozov, SF Chronicle
4 feb 2011

context is Egypt. electronic "kill switch" (see prior blog Frakking D.P.I.)

"...American lawmakers are pushing to give the White House this very same power
(ironically , Republican Sen.Susan Collins of Maine,together with Sen.Joe Lieberman, the Connecticut independent ,floated the idea of an "Internet kill switch"  bill on the same day the Egyptian government shutdown its networks.)If the United States-which has spent the last year championing "Internet freedom"-thinks that an "Internet kill switch" does not present a fundamental threat to it, dictators have nothing to fear."

oh really?
what did i tell you about the NSA and that was two hours BEFORE i read the Sunday papers.can't say you weren't warned, thanx to Al Jazeera and moi.

"I don't know if I'll go to heaven.I''m a bad boy.Heaven must be nice, but is it too boring? Maybe you can get an apartment there then go to hell for the weekends." Javier Bardem,actor

now back to your regularly scheduled Life,
namaste
mega

No comments:

Post a Comment