Wednesday, March 10, 2010

POKER FACE

"i AM smiling." my usual response to constant smile demands.

aloha,
as promised WHY BLACK MEN DON'T SMILE (mostly).

i was watching the OVATION TV series on blues & rock for BLACK HISTORY MONTH (sigh) and after watching hours of FATS WALLER & SACTHMO 'grinnin & skinnin' ( the Minstrel Show big eyes and big Coon Smile) i related it to Willei Besat & Stephin Fetchit. there was one candid shot of Satchmo which was FIERCE.

VAUDEVILLE & THE MINSTRELS SHOWS are still within living memory so it the scar tissue. AMOS & ANDY was on tv in daytime when i was a kid, i watched it with dread fascination and not sure why. later i recognized the feeling as RACIAL EMBARASSMENT...only when MLK & MALCOM X helped define RACIAL PRIDE.
anyway anytime someone (usually white) told me to smile for a school picture or whatever, i didn't.ditto when i was on the job,growing up in Harlem was HARD no reason to smile.

SCIENTIFIC FACT ON SMILES
(see wedding pictures) WHEN NERVOUS MOST WOMEN SMILE & MOST MEN FROWN. in Harlem you had to develop an Poker Face to keep beatings away. i remember once in High School some black kid had his leg across my chair in class when i entered, i casually removed his leg and he then hit me in the chest as hard as he could. i didn't blink or express irrtiation or pain. that's just the was it was...the thtme has been repeated often in my life in response to rcism, threats, violence and surprise.SOUL MATE ,MY EX (*) & MY KIDS can affirm that when you get a smile from me, you've earned it.

i had something else on this topic,hmmmm..LIKE THE BATMAN I AM A REALIST ABOUT LIFE (PESSIMIST) SO WHY SHOULD I SMILE??? note side bar to find i had the BAT LOGO tattoed on my right bicep inside I CHING hexagrams.in the 60s when i first took LSD my face hurt from smiling for days.. I HAVE SAID THAT TAKING LSD (for me) WAS LIKE FRENCH KISSING GOD (S). THAT WAS SOMETHING TO SMILE ABOUT.

CORAL REEF good show about CHEMTRAILS last nite but No Mention of HAARP or High Altitude microbial contamination. just a thot.
PLEASE SEND A COMMENT WITH YOU PIRATE RADIO SHOWTIMES & E ADDRESS. ;)

think that's all from me today..

2 comments:

  1. Tangerine Dream Team show is every Tues. at 6-8pm on 101.1 FM and at www.freakradio.org
    Hear archives at: www.coralrockmusic.com
    alohacoral@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAARP was touched on briefly, and I forwarded your comment to the guys interviewed. Or go to admin@geoengineeringwatch.org and comment

    ReplyDelete