Monday, May 25, 2009

TEJAS

"Go west until ya smell sh*t-that's Oklahoma then go south until ya step in it,thar's Texas!" old but accurate joke

aloha again (to my dead friend Tom from Hawaii)

WHAT I LIKED ABOUT TEXAS
cowboy boots & hats,pecan prealines,horseback riding,rainbow trout at Luby's cafeteria,some of my many relatives and many beautiful but under educated women.
WHAT I HATED ABOUT TEXAS
everything else!

1964
i graduated from HS at 16,got expelled from College,had a minor nervous breakdown and my ex brother was born to my Mother and her second husband, a vile lowlife which she soon divorced.my Mother had an unerring instinct for picking the wrong man for the job. my ex brother was her favorite,i was not.i applied for a job at the Harlem Hospital Morgue but didn't get it because i was too young, 17 at that point.my Mother decided,with her sister's encouragment to move back to Texas,so we did.
1965
shortly after arriving Mother remembered why she'd left before.she was unhappy,she was usually unhappy. she found a married man to dally with,he said he was single of course,and they had good sex while he broke her heart.after two years she went back to her seedy ex con husband in NYC and divorced him.i went to junior college and got a job at Joske's dept store next to the Alamo downtown.
Texas is a RIGHT TO WORK state (non union,Right To Starve) so when the min wage went up, my 40 hours went down accordingly.as the saying goes MY MAMA DIDN'T RAISE NO FOOLS.i gave notice in frustration and several people opined that i must be going West to California like everyone else, i had a female cousin in L.A. and confirmed that she had space on her couch and off i went.2 and a half years in Hell (Texas) & i was learning to keep my big mouth shut,belatedly.

namaste y'all
semper grumpy
mega

No comments:

Post a Comment