Saturday, March 21, 2009

YES PAGANI 2 PREDATORS

"Drama is life with the dull bits taken out." Alfred Hitchcock

aloha,
i really should look for Comments b4 i write some of this stuff.
Pagani has corrected me on my sloppy observation about choosing the twisty path, for example serial killers & sociopaths.
i will not use the excuse of being addled diabetes,saving that for a bigger screw up.

okay, i will concede that Nature needs predators to thin the herd -raptors,hawks,lions,wolves,jackals etc etc. had a dream about Jack the Ripper recently,so this is in my thots.

does karma decide who becomes a serial killer or not? the whole Psych debate about Nature or Nurture rises its fuzzy head.when do we decide to break the Social Contract and run amok? the brother of Richard Alan Davis (the killer of Polly Klass) is a judge and his sister a social worker.
i grew up in Harlem ,most of my cohort either died in Nam,got hooked on heroin in Nam or wound up in prison. i didn't and neither did my friend Popsy who became a cop, my BFF Mike and his sister Alice were lost to smack long b4 Nam and it was not unusual for a teen to disappear awhile (not pregnancy related) and rumors surface of them hooking near Times Square,usually the ultra seedy Eight Avenue.the son of my next door nabe,a tainted NYPD cop, went that route and so later did his younger sister.
on my last trip to NYC as younger friend K,whom i used to play Doctor with, was off smack after hooking and asked me if i wanted to have sex. she meant well but i declined anyway. was she destined to be a heroin addict or were shabby schools,an alcoholic mother and permissive father part of the equation?

let me redefine my position Pagani, among Seekers & the spiritually restless,there is a choice of which twisty path to choose. among the numb,church haunted,soul dead,drug fried and sociopathic, not so much.
is that better? glad u care.
write on.

namaste
semper gumby
mega

1 comment:

  1. It's complicated and I can see you have given these things a lot of thought. I wasn't "correcting" you, btw - just offering my personal thoughts. I do stuff like that... sometimes.

    Growing up in Harlem makes things tougher than growing up in Beverly Hills: bigger obstacles, fewer options.

    Perhaps life is more like a game of poker. You are dealt a hand. Maybe it's a bad one with no pairs and not even a royal card. And rarely, someone gets a straight or whatever. You have good hand, you have a bad hand. Your personal options extend to how you play it. And that's it.

    The guy who drew the flush has an easy play but if you have a pair of 2s your options are more limited. Do you quietly fold? Do you bluff? Do you angrily slam your cards down and walk away? Do you call the other guy and hope to get something better on the draw?

    Maybe life is like that. And I think that's kind of like what you're saying here.

    I've always thought that I've had a pretty good life. At least, I wouldn't want to trade it for someone ELSE's life. The stuff that's messed up is mostly because of my own wrong decisions.

    But some people tell me that the deck was stacked against me from the beginning, what with coming from an often-homeless family, wallowing in violence and alcoholism and all that.

    I just look at that stuff and say, "hey, it gives me better stories to tell!" And having cool stories is really important in this life. :)

    I have an old family joke (speaking of Harlem and Beverly Hills)... when asked where we're from, we said we lived in Bel Aire....oh, you know, because we lived IN a '56 Chevy Bel Air. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete