Saturday, May 7, 2011

FIGHT CLUB

"THE FIRST RULE OF FIGHT CLUB...YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB."from the film with Brad Pitt & Edward Norton

aloha 2u,
yes my recent blogs have gotten shorter and less rambling,
merely because my fingers lock up when typing and
other times so i blog when i am able. now i find out
my Doc gave me an order for a diff insulin on April 18th
and my pharmacy neglected to mention it.....
HEAVE A LONG WEARY SIGH OFF THE FRIGGING ROOF!

FIGHT CLUB
is one of Z Man's fave films,oddly enuff SOUL MATE
often affirms that the final deal maker on our relationship
was how nurturing i, and other black men, are with our kids.
now my Father was a sweet nurturing man who
was shattered by life in WWII, yet
he taught me how to LOVE.
i merely transmit what i have learned.

but the Bigger Question is...
HOW DO WE REDEFINE MASCULINITY
SO THAT IT DOES NOT ACT OUT
THRU VIOLENCE AGAINST WIMMIN AND OTHER MEN?

needless to say,FIGHT CLUB the movie has spawned 

various Fight Clubs across the country,including San Jose.
(and a revival of femaLE rOLLER dERBY IN sANTA cRUZ)
Why?


let me ramble a sec.
various tests have shown that girls learn best
AWAY from boys. various tests have also shown 
that schools are designed for a girts style of learning
-sit still, be proper,don't act out. i went to All Boys
JHS and HS and can tell you what a zoo it was.
my High School had 5,000 boys running mostly amok
a Testicle Festival indeed.(& Y am i stuck in Italics???)


after my divorce when i took my boyz to Golden Gate Park
i noitced at first how i was one of the few fathers there, 
later this changed as more and more fathers realized 
how much of their child's short childhood they were missing 
being chained into The Rat Race.

"THE TROUBLE WITH THE RAT RACE IS, 
EVEN IF YOU WHEN YOU'RE STILL A RAT!" early George Carlin


mothers raise boys, so we need to teach Mothers ( & Fathers)
how to become better Men.
NOW b4 it's too late,if it isn't already.


HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO THE MIRAGE...


Peace Now
namaste
mega





No comments:

Post a Comment