Tuesday, May 31, 2011

FEAR ITSELF

"THE ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF." FDR in the 1940s

aloha2u,
a minor point of clarification.
we have a lot of leftist and progessive friends who are
atheists, no Heaven No God, yet most were on the verge
of panic when GUN! was shouted a Peoples Park Sunday.
one of them,ISIS, inquired later how/why i was so calm
and sat unmoving at events unfolded.
i am a Zen Buddhist much like the legendary samurai
of feudal Japan (my spiritual mentors)
and when i said that i was prepared
to take a bullet in the back of the head without Fear
i meant it.  BASTA Y BASTA!

Enuff of Fear
Life has become a Worst Case Scenario
politicians try to scare us on a daily basis,
Dims cave and GOPublicans try to starve us to death
i ,for one.am sick of it.
I WILL NOT LIVE IN FEAR...

growing up in Harlem i was just another
faceless target of many many bullies (including my Mother)
i had to decide long before puberty whether or not
to live in Anxiety and Fear
or Fight Back.
i choose to Fight, i am tired ,so tired,
of being a warrior after my 63 years
but i will not be stampeded.

The Mirage told our son Z Man
that i quit taxi driving as i was
"fat, Paranoid and had three guns".
i do not recall The Mirage being overly curious
of any of my past exploits, beyond my life with
Korak the Killer whom we both worked with.

i have never been Paranoid, hypervigilant maybe
but not Paranoid. my steely nerves and impassive
visage have kept me alive up until now.
even my recent meds with suicidal side effects
don't faze me, i live with Death every day.

i have heard that Art, the Arts, spits in the Face of Death.
maybe that includes blogs (sly smile)
plus my paintings and photography and doggerel verse?

so if some psychotic in Peoples Park
wants to pop one off into my over sized skull,
like a Fu Mancho novel, so be it.
let others weep
for i am prepared to Die
anywhere anytime
bring it on.
i will not live in fear.

Peace Now
namaste
mega




No comments:

Post a Comment