Friday, March 4, 2011

MOMENTO MORI

"when my father died..it was like library had burned down." Laurie Anderson song

aloha 2u,
was up most of the nite with GERD-acid reflux, accidentally bought
some vegan 'sausage' which didn't agree with me.
feeling both solemn and exhausted right now.

last nite found out that the rights to BLADE RUNNER
have been sold for sequels,prequels and possible tv...
i was in the test groups and saw all three versions of BR,
with a happy ending and not, with and without Ford's narration.

IMHO BR is an almost perfect film, very atmospheric and detailed,
like THE FIFTH ELEMENT or the RESIDENT EVIL franchise.
in the finale of the rooftops wherein Roy Batty talks about the life
he's lead and the fantastic things he has seen..Priceless.

this was reignited in me yesterday as i talked to my PT masseuse
about my father, who had PTSD from four yeqars in WWII ,
i was unaware that he'd even served until he got a military funeral
and we got VA benefits checks.he never said a word and then
about a decade ago there was a huge VA records fire,
so his past is now totally lost. i checked for my kidz, and for myself.

"..like a library had burned down.."
maybe my sons will read this babble some day and know
my motives and history a lil better, maybe not...
momento mori,  remember me.

namaste
mega


No comments:

Post a Comment