Wednesday, February 3, 2010

KVETCHING

"Humility is no substitute for a good personality." Fran Liebowitz

aloha, ah life...bear with me.
YES,I REALIZE THAT I HAVE BECOME (ALWAYS BEEN?) ONE OF THOSE GRUMPY GEEZERS WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING.
a few examples...

1. i had a bone density scan recently,since it came out Normal it was deemed MEDICALLY UNNECESSARY...see the CATCH 22 COMING? if i had brittle bones No Charge SIGH.

2. i have diabetes, i inject insulin daily for all the usual reasons. to do this is i need A.Insulin and B.syringes.apparently the rules on both have changed this year.
A.INSULIN now in monthly not trimonthly doses, so they can charge for each month separately.
B. on paper i ran out syringes a week ago today, that is when i ordered AN ONLINE REFILL.i use generic half inch point syringes, no special orders. my local drugstore gets them from some half vast warehouse OVER THE HILL (San Jose et al). one visit by SM and another visit by me got nothing but empty promises over the last seven days.i got a rational clerk and she got my order together in five minutes HUGE SIGH (lucky i trade syringes & meds with friends for just such malarkey).

3.i have low pressure NOW as opposed to many decades of having the opposite, i also have anemia Pretty Seriously.my PCP called mere hours after my blood test last week & mentioned going to the ER if i fell or felt faint again, first time in 7 years for that.hmmmmm...
i gave blood this ayem to narrow down the causes but they are pretty sure my 1 cm hyatal hernia has lead to or joined a bleeding ulcer and they are telling me to prep for surgery SOON. oddly enuff our eldest son Z had an appendectomy is Crescent City last week.he likes The Vicodin, like Dr.House. even tho the crap almost killed me. c'est la vie (or mort)?

4.do we NEED A SANE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM ASAP??? just ask THE PARTY OF NO (Hos).

"If I could get my membership back,I'd resign from the human race." Fred Allen (famous radio wit of the World War era)

ssdd
take care y'all
namaste
mega

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's alway somethin'. Just be glad your brain still works.....oh, sorry.
    Dr.G

    ReplyDelete