Monday, July 6, 2009

CAMELOT/LORIAN

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." James Joyce

aloha again,
am typing carefully so as not to get blood in my keyboard.cut my middle finger deeply last night rinsing a can for recycling.last time i cut this deeply was doing the same in the 60s and still bear the L shaped scar to this day.also..in the New Normal, pretty sure now i tore a muscle in my calf while spasming in my sleep.Lyme fx probably.take meds to prevent spasming but they don't work that well anymore...

B4 WOLF GIRL,NEKKID CAMELOT
nyc 1970
i am a bookish solitary by inclination and literally have to force myself out to mingle. while in nyc i read the Village Voice, the East Village Other (now defunct) and The Rat (also defunct). one of which lead me to Greenwich Village where a commune from hippie mecca Taos had made a documentary about their lives.they had opened a free clinic, newspaper, radio station and other community services in addition to their communal lifetsyle.the scenes of them driving a snow cat (tractor) to navigate invisible roads in blizzardy snow storms really put me off. after the movie the producers Away Team came out to mingle with the audience. a beautiful long haired blonde in hippie garb sat down and talked to me. she was hot slender tall and sexy. we hit it off.the group was moving from Taos to Pennsylvania and were expanding their moviemaking,health services,sleep research etc etc.they were recruiting...i was in a communal state of mind & intrigued.

the blonde was a former street urchin turned nurse named Heather, she invited me to meet her the next day at an address on the Upper Eastside (Germantown), it was a highrise with a uniformed doorman. she met me outside and explained it belonged to the parents of some members.we went upstairs to a condo with wonderful views of the East River where she explained the rules of the game. 1,she liked me.it was mutual. 2,sex was equal, not just the sexes but sex itself. i would have to SLEEP WITH 30 WOMEN IF I JOINED THE COMMUNE! 3,anyone i had a conflict with would join me on an Away Team mission until we learned to get along and so on.
WOWSA!

I was still still trying to get my head around this when two other pretty blondes arrived from Long Island with a 'haul of clothes'.before i knew it they were all quickly naked,no lingerie, and trying on various outfits.one jested that people were always looking in to see them naked, which is how they stayed after all the clothes were sorted. Heather explained that she was Lady Heather of Camelot (AKA Lorian) since they were always running around naked and didn't want to lose respect for each other.Lady Heather wore a hunting knife on a sling between her small perfect tanned breasts,cool.

Heather took me into the bedroom to hang out and watch TV where a very naked very pregnant brunette smiled at me.OKAY...so the group of @60 was roughly divided between what i deemed Movers and Shakers. the dozen or so Movers were the brain trust and the driving force of the commune, they did the heavy lifting mentally. apparently i had impressed them,or Heather, so that if/when i joined i would be bringing new blood and energy to the Movers.the current Movers were starting to burn out, i met some and they seemed Exhausted.

"what is HE doing here?" a frizzy black haired slovenly woman demanded as soon as she entered. my first enemy apparently.another new yorker and long time commune resident,she had no use for me and i could guess who my first Away Team assignment would be with. Camelot was only in town for six days then were showing the movie elsewhere.i had to decide by then...
i agonized over the opportunity but i value my privacy and to sleep with one or several women was challenge enough let alone 30 routinely.it is one of the few major regrets of my life, 15 years later Wolf Girl was a very poor subsitute for Lady Heather.later that year (1970) the New Dawn commune fiasco unfolded and i met my Cheap Hotel Goddess,more on her later. i have a trite poem.

in other news,
http://www.californiaonecare.com/ is the statewide version of Single Payer being proposed again. they have a 15 minute video.back in the mid 90s i was in the one of the first videos.me and a black woman from oakland were driven up to ritzy Corte Madera (Marin County, at that time the richest in the US), the female director literally took the clothes off her back to outfit the black woman and i was instructed to remove my ghetto style neck chain as i was waaaay too big to re outfit. they taped us telling her stories in the lavish backyard of some supporter.i was seen limping with my cane next to a lap pool and oval swimming pool...when my kids saw this they laughed their little asses off.it was so ridiculous, they meant well, the Single Payer people and they still do.check it out.
gotta stop now, my bloody bandage is leaking.

namaste
semper gimpy
mega

No comments:

Post a Comment